College of Charleston

The Knox-Lesesne House, located on the campus of the College of Charleston, was built in the 1840’s by Catherine Knox in the Italian Villa style. In the 1860’s, it was the home of Albert Adolphus Jones, a black member of the South Carolina General Assembly. It was later occupied by members of the Lesesne family. This design, adapted from the cast iron fence in front of the house, dates from the late 19th century.

Showing all 7 results